It’s wonderful to see Spring again!:-)
I hope that everything is going well for you all. I’ve recently added the following recipes.
Banana Brownies – Try Them and See…. . These banana brownies are moist, flavorful, and much better with age. Including in this easy recipe are helpful images for your entertainment and encouragement.
Ricotta-Sweet Potato Beignets. Frying ricotta cheese with sweet potato makes these beignets so wonderfully tender inside and crisp outside. Here are other ingredients for these fried cookies, instruction and images.
Pecan Sandies – A Classic Cookie Recipe. Listing ingredients, easy baking direction, and images for delicious pecan sandies.
Pinwheel Cookies with an Eastern European Flavor. These Eastern European pinwheel cookies owe their unique flavor to lemon peel, ground cloves, and poppy seed filling. Here is a list of ingredients, images, and baking direction.
Selecting Your Favorite Spritz Cookie Recipe. Presenting a spritz cookie recipe that requires no eggs. Discover how this missing ingredient affects the texture of your homemade butter or spritz cookies.
Please check out this sturdy, handsome tin container that is perfect for your homemade cookies.
Many moons ago in Marblehead, Massachusettes, USA, there lived an old man named Joe. He built his log cabin by the edge of a frog pond. He was famous for baking homemade cookies that were as large as lily pads and as dark as the frogs in the pond.
One day, Joe decided to add a little bit of rum to a batch of his cookie dough. The result was magnificent! The whole town loved them and christened them with the name of their creator.
What cookies do we know today that were once known as “joe froggers”? Answer.
and vice versa2
From Drop to Bars:
- Match amount of batter to size of baking pan. Usually, a 9×13 or 11×11 baking pan will hold 4 or 5 cups of dough.
- Set oven temperature at 350 degrees F, and bake for 20-30 min. or until a cake tester comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached to it.
- Moist and chewy cookie dough requires a longer baking time than light, crisp dough.
From Bars to Drop:
- Choose fairly stiff drop cookie dough because it won’t have the edges of the pan to contain it.
- Choose bar cookie dough that calls for mixing all ingredients together instead of layering one on top another.
- Set oven temperature at 375 degrees F. and bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
1Chesman, Andrea & Raboff, Fran. Mom’s Best Desserts – 100 Classic Treats That Taste As Good Now As They Did Then. First Edition. Storey Publishing. North Adams, MA. 2002.
2The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion: The Essential Cookie Cookbook. First Edition. The Countryman Press. Woodstock, Vermont. 2004
Published date: March 29, 2007
Copyright 2007 by Trinh Lieu. All right reserved.