Topped with your favorite ice cream, these banana brownies make a delectable and irresistible dessert. Don’t take my words for it. Bake them and enjoy!
|Bittersweet chocolate,||3 oz.|
|Granulated sugar||1½ cup|
|Light brown sugar,||¼ cup|
|Unsalted butter, softened||½ cup or 1 stick|
|Ripe banana, mashed||½ cup|
|Eggs, lightly beaten||3 large|
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Baking powder||½ tsp|
|Chopped pecans,||1 cup|
|toasted and cooled|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease or line a 13” x 9” baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in a microwave, or in a glass or aluminum bowl set over (without touching) simmering water over low heat. Stir often until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat and cool it to room temperature.
- Add both granulated and light brown sugars to the cooled chocolate and mix well on medium-high speed. Then add softened butter and mix again thoroughly. Finally, add mashed banana, lightly beaten eggs. Continue mixing until it is all combined and smooth.
- Fold in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, chopped pecans). To keep pecan pieces from sinking to the bottom of the batter, I mixed them with flour before adding to the batter.
Carefully spread brownie mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 25 min. or until you can smell the wonderful chocolate aroma. Insert a toothpick or cake tester in the center. If it comes out with only a few moist crumbs clinging to it, your delicious banana brownies are done.
- Cool brownies completely in baking pan on wire rack. Then cut into pieces of your desirable shapes and sizes. If you line your baking pan with aluminum foil, use the overhang to lift the entire banana brownies out of the pan.