This quick and easy recipe for spiced pumpkin bars may make you very popular around the dinner table any day. So, don’t wait until a special holiday to bake them.
Ingredients including canned pumpkin are easy to find. As you know, pumpkin has lots of beta carotene, a source of vitamin A.
|Sugar||1 ½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1 cup|
|Canned pumpkin, 16 oz||1 can|
|All purpose flour||2 cups|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||2 tsp|
|Ground ginger||½ tsp|
|Ground cloves||¼ tsp|
|Raisins, chopped||1 cup|
|Your favorite chopped nuts, optional||½ cup|
|Cream cheese frosting|
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves together. To keep raisins and chopped nuts from sinking to the bottom, coat them with some of this flour mixture. Set them all aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., grease or line a jelly roll pan, 15½ x 10½ x 1 inch, with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Gradually fold in the flour mixture, a third at a time. Then fold in raisins and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter evenly into baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool pumpkin bars completely before topping with irresistible cream cheese frosting or icing.