Simple ingredients for rum raisin bars are:
|Dark rum||½ cup|
|Unsalted butter||¾ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|All purpose flour||1½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease a 13″ x 9″ baking pan lightly with vegetable oil. Alternatively, line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Soak raisins in rum for at least an hour. Then drain off raisins and save the rum.
- Cream softened butter with sugar until light in color and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, reserved rum, and mix well.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in raisins and spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool completely in baking pan on wire rack before cutting.
Idea for this easy recipe of rum raisin bars is from Great American Cookies by Lorraine Bodger.