Creating a perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter, this peanut bar recipe is a sweet experience from start to finish. Enjoy these cookies as they are or with vanilla ice cream.
|Quick-cooking oats||1/3 cup|
|All purpose flour||1 cups|
|Light brown sugar, packed||1/3 cup|
|Butter, softened||4 Tbsp|
|Chunky peanut butter||3 Tbsp|
|Light molasses||4 tsp|
|Light brown sugar, packed||½ cup|
|Chunky peanut butter||1/3 cup|
|Unsalted butter, softened||4 Tbsp|
|All purpose flour||2/3 cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp.|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1 cup|
|Cocktail peanuts, chopped||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., and grease a 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Mix together, at low speed, all ingredients for cookie base.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While cookie base is baking, combine eggs, molasses, brown sugar, peanut butter, and softened butter until well blended.
- Fold in the dry ingredients – flour, salt, and baking powder.
- With a spoon, stir in chopped peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread this mixture evenly over hot crust, and bake for another 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely in baking pan on wire racks before cutting.
Idea for this peanut bar recipe comes from Good Housekeeping Favorite Recipes Cookies! published by Hearst Books.