Any Oreo cookie recipe is welcome here, but these are ingredients for this particular version.
|Confectioners’ sugar||¾ cup or 1½ sticks|
|Unsalted butter, softened||½ cup or 1 stick|
|Vanilla extract||1½ tsp|
|Unsweetened cocoa, Dutch process if available||¼ cup|
|All purpose flour||1¼ cups|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla together until light but not quite fluffy.
- Add cocoa and flour to make a cohesive dough. Flatten dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake.
Hint: If you refrigerate cookie dough overnight, let it soften at room temperature for a few minutes before rolling. This prevents dough from cracking.
- Roll dough out to about ¼-inch thick. Use round cookie cutters to cut out cookies (2½ – 3-inches in diameter). Arrange them on prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. Imprint cut out dough with a cookie stamp if desired. I used a tiny bottle cap to make overlapping circles.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown on the bottom. Cool Oreo cookies completely on wire racks.
- When they are completely cool, spread 1/8-inch to ¼-inch of your selected filling over half of the cookie rounds. Then top with another round to create a sandwich, press down lightly. Refrigerate your homemade Oreo cookies until filling is firm.
This Oreo cookie recipe makes more than a dozen sandwiches.
|Unsalted butter, softened||¼ cup or 4 Tbsp|
|Vegetable shortening||½ cup|
|Salt, dissolved in water||½ tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Confectioners’ sugar||2 cups|
Cream butter and shortening together until they are very well combined. Then add salt water, vanilla extract and sugar. Continue beating until the mixture is fluffy.
|Unsalted butter, softened||6 Tbsp|
|Confectioners’ sugar||¾ cup|
|Smooth peanut butter||¾ cup|
|Heavy cream||3 Tbsp|
Combine all ingredients and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 3 days. If refrigerated, soften filling at room temperature before using.