To make these delicious oatmeal bars loaded with chocolate chips, you need:
|Unsalted butter, softened||1 lb.|
|Brown sugar||½ cup|
|Granulated sugar||½ cup|
|Buttermilk||3 fluid oz.|
|Rolled oats||1 lb|
|Pastry flour||1 lb|
|Cinnamon, ground||2 tsp.|
|Baking soda||2 tsp|
|Chocolate chunks||1 lb|
|Walnuts, chopped||10 oz|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a half sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream softened butter and sugars until light in color and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in eggs, buttermilk, salt, vanilla extract, and oats.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Spread batter onto prepared baking pan and bake for about 45 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely in baking sheet before cutting.
Idea for this recipe of chocolate chips oatmeal bars is from On Baking – A Textbook of Baking and Pastry Fundamentals by Sarah R. Labensky with Eddy Van Damme, Priscilla Martel and Klaus Tenbergen.