In a few quick and easy steps, this crisp recipe shows you how to make scrumptious flourless oatmeal chocolate chip homemade cookies. Feel free to experiment with other flavors of chips such as peanut butter, cinnamon, butterscotch, and many more.
You can also prepare the dough in advance, then freeze it for baking at a later time. Here is what you need for ingredients.
|Rolled oats (not quick-cooking)||3 cups|
|Unsalted butter, softened||1 cup or 2 sticks|
|Light brown sugar, firmly packed||1½ cups|
|Vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Miniature chocolate or your favorite chips||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Process 2 cups of oatmeal in a food processor until finely ground and floury. Then combine ground oatmeal, whole oatmeal, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
Cream softened butter until soft and smooth. Then add brown sugar and continue mixing until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix again thoroughly.
- Carefully blend in the dry ingredients. Finally, fold in chocolate or your favorite chips.
Drop dough on prepared cookie sheets by teaspoonfuls, spacing at least 2-inches apart. At this point, you could freeze these lumps of dough in zip-locked plastic bags. When you are ready, bake as many of these cookies as you like. Just add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let them cool completely on their baking pan.
If there are any cookies left after serving, store them in an airtight container. This crisp recipe makes about 3 or 4 dozen yummy delicious flourless oatmeal cookies loaded with your favorite chips.