Using the following ingredients for this coconut bar cookie recipe:
|Unsalted butter, softened||½ cup or 1 stick|
|Light brown sugar, packed||¼ cup|
|All purpose flour||½ cup|
|Baking soda||¼ tsp|
|Sweetened shredded coconut||1½ cups|
|Dried fruits,||½ cup|
|preferably cranberries or cherries|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease an 8-inch square baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Cream softened butter with sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and combine.
- Thoroughly mix in coconut and dried fruits.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cookies are browned and firm to touch.
- Cool completely in baking pan on wire rack before cutting.
Idea for this coconut bar cookie recipe is from Big, Soft, Chewy Cookies by Jill Van Cleave.