You can quickly and easily whip up these almond chocolate macaroons in a food processor, drop the batter by teaspoonful onto baking sheets, bake, cool, and enjoy. Here are the ingredients:
|Blanched almonds||1 cup|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1/4 cup or 2 oz.|
|Unsweetened chocolate, chopped||1 oz.|
|A pinch of salt|
|Egg white||2 large|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process blanched almonds, sugar, cocoa, chocolate, and salt until nuts and chocolate are finely ground.
- Add egg whites and vanilla extract to the mixture and continue processing until well blended.
Drop batter by rounded teaspoonful, spacing about 1 or 2-inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the tops of these macaroons are firm to touch when slightly pressed.
- After cooling cookies on wire racks, I usually can not think of anything else to do but enjoying them as they are.
Store almond chocolate macaroons in an airtight container or freeze them for longer keeping.