WARNING! These chocolate chip bars may make you lose interest in baking real chocolate chip cookies. Ingredients are:
|All purpose flour||1 cup|
|Unsalted butter, softened||½ cup or 1 stick|
|Brown sugar, packed||½ cup|
|Chocolate chips||1 cup|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Walnuts or pecans, chopped||½ cup|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|A pinch of salt|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan. Alternatively, line it with parchment paper.
- Cream softened butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Press batter evenly in prepared pan and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Cool completely in baking pan on wire rack before cutting.
Idea for this recipe of chocolate chip bars comes from Great American Cookies by Lorraine Bodger.