Basic ingredients for scrumptious cheesecake brownies are:
|Unsalted butter||1 cup or 1 stick|
|Unsweetened chocolate||3½ oz|
|Granulated sugar||1 cup|
|Eggs||3 whole large|
|All purpose flour||½ cup|
|Cream cheese, cold||16 oz or 1 lb|
|Eggs||1 whole and 1 large yolk|
|Lemon juice, freshly squeezed||1½ tsp|
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and either line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, or grease it with butter or vegetable oil.
- Melt chocolate along with butter in a double boiler and allow it to cool. You can also melt chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, but make sure that bottom of bowl does not touch the water.
- Beat eggs and sugar for 2 minutes until pale yellow.
- Slowly mix in the flour.
- Thoroughly blend in the cooled melted chocolate.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan and freeze it for 10 minutes.
- Process all ingredients for cheesecake in a food processor for 1 minute.
- Gently pour cheesecake mixture over the cool brownie layer. Be careful not to mix these two layers together.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely in baking pan before cutting.
- Refrigerate cheesecake brownies after cutting, but they are delicious either cold or at room temperature.
Idea for this recipe is from Rosie’s Bakery Chocolate-Packed Jam Filled Butter-Rich No-Hold-Barred Cookie Book by Judy Rosenberg.