An Easy Recipe for Brownie Biscotti
Brownie biscotti are the perfect complement to hot chocolate, coffee and tea. Ingredients include:
|Unsalted butter||1/3 cup|
|Granulated sugar||¼ cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/3 cup|
|All purpose flour||1¾ cups|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||½ cup|
|Finely chopped walnuts or pecans||¼ cup|
|1 beaten egg yolk|
|1 Tbsp water to make egg wash|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and lightly grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until softened. Then add sugar, baking powder and combine them together well. Beat in 2 whole eggs and vanilla extract.
- Fold in cocoa powder and flour. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts until they are just combined.
- Divide dough in half and shape each portion into a 9 x 2 x 1 inch loaf. Place them on prepared cookie sheet and brush them with egg wash.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Please note that the surface of these loaves may crack slightly while being baked. Cool them on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to bake them again, heat oven to 325 degrees F., then cut each loaf diagonally into ½-inch thick slices.
Place slices, cut side down, on cool cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn slices over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. Store in airtight containers. Brownie biscotti can be kept frozen for up to a month.