Ever since I’ve had this biscuit recipe, I hardly stock stored-bought crackers anymore. These cream crackers are perfect with cheese or your favorite spread. Best of all, they are homemade and take very little time to bake. The challenge is to roll the dough out as thin as you possibly can.
Here are three essential ingredients:
- Combine flour and salt. Add heavy whipping cream and stir until a dry dough forms.
- Start kneading dough in the bowl if you can until it comes together. Then turn dough out onto a surface and continue kneading until it is smooth or about 5 minutes.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and allow it to rest at room temperature for about an hour.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees F., and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured work surface as thin as you can to make a 12-inch square. Alternatively, roll it between two pieces of parchment or wax paper to avoid incorporating extra flour.
- Cut dough into six 2-inch strips, then cut across the strips to make thirty six 2-inch squares.
- Place cream crackers on prepared cookie sheets, and bake for about 15 minutes or just until they are dry, blistered, and golden.
- Cool crackers on baking pan on wire racks. Feel free to double or even triple this biscuit recipe for a larger crowd.