This biscotti recipe is another example of how cookie baking accommodates your personal taste and preference. Not only that these savory herb biscotti are perfect hors d’oeuvre at any party, they can also be made with any combination of herbs. Do experiment!
|All purpose flour||2½ cups|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Dried thyme leaves||2 tsp|
|Dried oregano||2 tsp|
|Dried rosemary, finely chopped||2 tsp|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all dried ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center. Add eggs, honey, and mix to combine.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a cylinder about 12 inches long.
- Arrange cylinders of dough on the prepared cookie sheets, flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until they are firm and slightly golden. Cool them on baking sheets on wire racks.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Cut the cooled logs into slices, about ¼-inch thick. Place the cut biscotti on prepared baking sheets, and bake for about 20 minutes or until they are dry and golden.
Allow biscotti to cool on baking sheets for a couple of minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely. This biscotti recipe makes about 80 ¼-inch cookies.