This banana nut bar cookie recipe can do wonder to your popularity around your house. The cookies are full of vitamins, minerals, potassium, magnesium. But best of all, they are delicious!
|Butter, softened||½ cup or 1 stick|
|Brown sugar, packed||1/3 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Bananas, mashed||2 cups|
|All purpose flour||2 cups|
|Baking soda||2 tsp|
|Walnuts, chopped||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit., and grease a 15½-inch x 10½-inch baking pan with either vegetable oil or butter. Alternatively, line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cream softened butter and sugars together until light in color and fluffy.
- Blend in egg and vanilla well.
- Add mashed bananas and combine.
- Add all dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and spread cookie dough in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely in baking pan before cutting.
Idea for this banana nut bar cookie recipe comes from Great American Cookies by Lorraine Bodger.