|Blanched almonds||2/3 cup|
|Confectioners’ sugar||1/3 cup|
|Unsalted butter, softened||1 cup or 8 oz.|
|Vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|All purpose flour||1 and 2/3 cups|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; and finely ground blanched almonds in a food processor.
- Cream softened butter and sugar using an electric mixer until fluffy and well combined. Then beat in vanilla extract.
- Add finely ground almonds and mix well. Using a spatula, mix in flour until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into four pieces of approximately equal in weight. Work with one piece of dough and cover the rest to prevent moisture loss.
Divide each portion into 6 or 7 smaller pieces of equal size. Roll each piece into a 2-inch cylinder and slightly taper the ends. Place it on prepared cookie sheet and curve the ends to make a crescent.
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes, or until cookies are firm to touch but still very pale.
- Cool these little Viennese almond crescents on baking sheet on a wire rack. A generous dusting of cinnamon sugar before serving is highly recommended.