Picture this…Sweet and crunchy meringue on top of rich, chocolaty brownies. A must try for cookie and brownie lovers. These brownies will have the least effect on your waist line.:-)
|Unsalted butter, softened||½ cup or 1 stick|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted||¼ cup|
|All purpose flour||¾ cup|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Granulated sugar||½ cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Chocolate extract||1 tsp|
|Egg whites, room T.||2 large|
|Egg white, room temperature||1 large|
|A pinch of Salt|
|Granulated sugar||¼ cup|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and lightly grease or line a 9″ square pan with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a microwave, or in a glass or aluminum bowl set over simmering water over medium heat. Then whisk in cocoa until smooth.
Add flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract, chocolate extract, and egg whites. After mixing thoroughly, spread brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Beat egg white with salt until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, a little at a time. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in vanilla extract.
- Spoon it on top of brownie batter. Then gently and quickly spread it to cover the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. After cooling meringue brownies completely in baking pan on wire rack, cut into squares and enjoy.