Baking Homemade Cookies Essential DO’s and DON’Ts
HELLO COOKIE LOVERS!!!
|A Homemade Cookie Bouquet|
Baking homemade cookies successfully takes more than easy cookie recipes. To achieve a certain texture, appearance, and nutritional value requires an understanding of ingredients, tools, techniques, and baking process. Having the best coffee maker to make a cup of good coffee to go with your cookie would also go a long way, as is getting a good air purifier for the living room here: www.cleanairmom.com.
It also helps to follow these five rules:
1. Understand the nature and characteristics of each ingredient, namely flour, eggs, fats & oils, sweeteners, leaveners, flavors, and even decorating materials like fondant, marzipan, etc.
Each certainly contributes to the appearance and texture of homemade cookies in its own way.
2. Measure baking ingredients accurately by using proper tools and techniques. This is part of mise en place – a French term means accurate selection and measurement of ingredients.
3. Do not overmix your cookie dough.Overmixing encourages gluten development, resulting in dense and tough cookies.
4. Do not overbake. Closely monitor oven temperature and baking time.
5. Always bake your homemade cookies with passion.
I learned the first four rules very well in my cookie baking classes. No one, unfortunately, can teach you and me the fifth rule. I hope that with your existing passion for baking cookies, you will find this Web site informative and inspirational because I have so much more to share with you.
Speaking of sharing, all cookies are perfect for that purpose due to their relatively small size compared to that of cakes and other baked goods. They don’t take much time to prepare and bake. Most of us would likely have flour, eggs, butter, and sugar on hand at home anyway.
When it comes to sharing these all-time favorite treats, there is no boundary, geographical or otherwise. With proper mailing technique, you can send them all over the world.
Without further ado, I cordially invite you to browse through the site. The following TABLE OF CONTENTS will help you navigate through it with ease.
- Delicious Cookies
- Delicious Cookies
- Baking Homemade Cookies Blog
- Baking Homemade Cookies Blog quickly and conveniently keeps you informed of new Web pages, updates to existing ones, as well as time-sensitive cookie related news and events.
- Easy Cookie Recipes – Less Time Preparing, More Time Enjoying
- Low fat, gluten free, no bake….many easy cookie recipes for your selection.
- Evolution of Cookie Gift Baskets – A Story in Reverse
- Two possible origins of cookies may have started before the Middle Ages. Fancy cookie gift baskets or cookie bouquets were unknown in those days.
- A Cookie Store for You and Others
- From this cookie store to your home are ready to enjoy homemade scrumptious treats and many baking related items.
- Free Coupons – The Best Way to Save
- Free coupons and promotional saving codes for traditional and online shoppers in one convenient location.
- How to Mail Homemade Cookies With Three Easy Steps
- Necessary ingredients to mail homemade cookies are selecting the right types of cookies, packing them properly, and using appropriate mailing method.
- Starting a Homemade Cookie Business
- Three important aspects of any small business venture and two principles upon which a young family has built its own successful cookie business.
- Host a Cookie Exchange Party for Fun
- Discover my favorite reason for hosting a cookie exchange party, in addition to other ideas and tips.
- Effects of Eggs on Baking Homemade Cookies
- There is more to eggs than just providing structure and tenderness to homemade cookies. Here’s why…
- No Bake Cookies and Their Connection to Flour
- Although not used directly in no bake cookies, wheat flour has different types and comes in various forms. An analysis of its kernel and explanation of gluten are also available.
- Butter for Baking Homemade Cookies
- Butter is certainly not the only choice of fats in baking homemade cookies. Find out about characteristics and composition of margarine, shortening, and oils in addition to butter.
- Homemade Sugar Cookies and The Effects of Sugar
- Understanding the essential roles of sugar is prerequisite to baking tender sugar cookies.
- Cookie Icing and Glazes – More Than a Visual Appeal
- Discussing different types, characteristics, and main ingredients of a stable cookie icing or glaze.
- Baking Soda and Other Leaveners for Homemade Cookies
- History and composition of baking soda, baking powder, and other leaveners used in homemade cookies.
- Fondant – Perfect for Cookie Decorations
- Decorating homemade cookies with fondant and sharing a recipe for this versatile sugarpaste.
- Marzipan Basics Including a Simple Sculpting Project
- Showing you how to make marzipan, how to work with it, and how to preserve its quality.
- A Gluten Free Diet With Soy Flour
- Soy flour – A nutritious, protein rich ingredient in any gluten free diet, soy flour.
- Choices of Nuts in Baking Homemade Cookies
- Introducing different nuts most often used in baking homemade cookies including how to properly measure and store them.
- Popular Flavorings for Your Favorite Homemade Cookies
- An overview of origins, types, and composition of popular spices and processed flavorings used in baking homemade cookies.
- Dried Fruits in Baking Homemade Cookies
- Explaining the production and benefits of dried fruits, such as raisins, in baking homemade cookies.
- Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chip Cookies – Which Was First to Appear?
- Introducing the origin of chocolate chips and many other varieties of baking chocolate.
- Cookie Problems – How to Avoid Them
- Helpful baking tips to assist homemade cookie lovers and bakers in avoiding and solving common cookie problems.
- Baking Cookies – Helpful Tips and Techniques
- Baking cookies starts with selecting the right tools and proper measuring of ingredients. Here are many other helpful tips and techniques…
- Food Sanitation in Baking Homemade Cookies
- Some issues concerning food sanitation and safety are personal hygiene, cross contamination, improper storage of cookie ingredients.
- Comparing Baking Recipes Using Baker’s Percentage
- Selecting baking recipes and adjusting them are easy using baker’s percentage. It involves a little science and a little common sense.
- How to Contact Baking Homemade Cookies
- A perfect way to contact me if you have suggestions, comments, cookie recipes to share. Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Resources Related to Baking Perfect Homemade Cookies
- Offers cookie lovers many relevant, quality, and helpful resources that are related to baking homemade cookies and to building Web sites.
- Baking Homemade Cookies SiteSearch
- Baking homemade cookies Web site is a labor of passion created by a baking enthusiast. Search the site to share this passion.
- Smart Cookies Ezine – Always Keeping You Informed
- Smart Cookies ezine features recipe comparison, introduces cookies and cookie related products, reminds you of Web site updates along with intriguing articles, baking tips and trivia.